We take skin conditions seriously at camp and take many precautions to minimize the incidence of wrestling-related skin conditions.
- All wrestlers and wrestling staff are checked for skin infections upon arrival at camp by our trainers.
- All wrestlers and wrestling staff are checked for signs of a skin infection on a daily basis by our trainers.
- Wrestling mats are washed with disinfectant 3 times daily.
- Wrestlers must bring an antibacterial soap to camp, such as Sport, Dial, or Phisoderm. We also sell these items in the Camp Store.
- All wrestlers and wrestling staff are required to shower and wash with antibacterial soap after every practice.
In the event that a wrestler acquires a skin infection, our trainers will determine the appropriate course of action. For mild skin conditions, trainers may clear the wrestler for activity. For more serious skin conditions, a doctor will examine the wrestler to determine whether or not they may continue to participate.